Sunday, August 30, 2009

About Podcast!!!

Well, What can I say about my first Podcast experience, one word, DIFFERENT. This was my first time listening to a podcast and it was really hard for me to get into the conversations that were going on with the podcast. To me there was a lot of unnecessary information that was given out. I think that the speakers should just give the information needed and not just carry on about there life history.

The first podcast that I listened to was Smartboard Lessons. It was a little "wordy" but it gave some helpful information. This podcast gave teachers or other instructors great ideas on how to be creative with a smartboard. It also gave out helpful techniques.

The second podcast that I listened to was Kidcast. It was designed to help people learn about starting their own podcast and informed people about new podcast that may interest them. I listened to Episode 21 which was about controlling the noise in a classroom while students are trying to create a podcast. One tip that I thought was helpful was that, while students are trying to create a podcast the teacher should come up with a "magic" word like, voice over, to inform the students that other students are about to do their podcast and that the room should get quiet. I thought this was a helpful tip.

The third podcast was This Week In Photography with Alex Lindsay and Frederick van Johnson. This podcast gave their audience information about camera technology. The information they gave was about taking great photos and understanding how a camera works. The men in this podcast gave out too much information about their personal lives. As I read the comments that viewers had left, a lot of the people left negative feedback. Most people had the same views as me on this podcast, "Too Much Information".

The remaining three podcast were not very interesting to me. It was really hard for me to take any helpful information from these remaining podcast: Connect Learning, EdTechtalk, and MacBreak Weekly. I could not understand the woman on the EdTechtalk very clearly. Podcast are not one of my favorite things to listen to but maybe I will come across a podcast with an interesting topic that will change my views.

No comments:

Post a Comment