Sunday, October 4, 2009

iTunesUniversity

iTunes University is something that is new to me. My class has just completed our audio podcast and it was my first time having tryed this. I guess podcast are becoming very popular because for my EDM310 I read about something new teachers are coming up with. Teachers are deciding to have their class lectures turned into podcast. Many teachers and students have found this new way of teaching very effective.
There was an experiment done and teachers found that students who listened to the class lecture by podcast instead of listening in class, performed better on a test. Students who listened by podcast had the opportunity to listen to the lecture repeatedly. So if there was anything that a student was puzzled about they could easily rewind and replay the lecture.
The problem I have with podcast lectures is that there is no opportunity to ask questions if there is confusion about something that is said. The last problem is what if a student is not able to get to a computer to listen to the podcast. Many teachers are not as forgivable as others.

No comments:

Post a Comment